Let's Get to The Point Above
Title: Graphic & Web Designer (Senior-Level)
Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa – on-site only
Description: The Connell Companies is looking for a strong and dedicated senior-level Graphic & Web Designer to join our rapidly-growing marketing firms and lifestyle apparel brands, including Connell Aviation Group.
Dedicated to advancing flight worldwide, Connell Aviation Group answers a need in aviation – the ability for aviation companies to have access to the highest quality communications solutions by specialists solely dedicated to their industry.
We pride ourselves in our mission of getting to The Point Above and welcome others who share in that value. Our work culture is founded in our CORE values and is represented daily by our associates.
- Concept-to-execution of all digital and printed projects – internal and external
- Development of website designs for internal and external audiences
- Concept-to-execution of print collateral, branding materials and multimedia campaigns
- Ability to work with Executive Management, Clients, Senior staff members, Marketing Managers and Associates to create compelling, results-oriented communication pieces
- Ability to work efficiently to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently but maintain consistent communication with C-level personnel
- Oversees the production and execution of creative projects from websites, marketing materials, video production and graphic design
- Oversees responsibility for the integrity of the Company brand, growing the creative development of the team and contributing to the overall growth of the business.
Must Have Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of latest Adobe Creative Suite and MAC-based applications
- Knowledge of complete website design process
- Basic website maintenance
- Basic knowledge and understanding of web development
- Extensive knowledge in WordPress
- Basic knowledge of programming language (HTML and CSS)
- Multimedia design experience
- Ability to work within different media platforms – print to digital
- Ability to work quickly and produce timely, completed projects
- Basic knowledge and understanding of design standards
- Knowledge of all current software and broad-based usage of programs to facilitate multimedia
- Creates print collateral and digital graphics and is essential in developing brand solutions
- Knowledge of Basecamp
- Knowledge of developing branding colors, sizes, textures, scale sizes, color type, illustration, photography, multimedia
- Knowledge of all phases of logo development and core branding elements
- Knowledge of preparation of print-ready, camera-ready materials
- Knowledge of printers, ink, replacement, service, paper and color materials
Must Have Characteristics and Attributes
- Interprets client’s needs and develops concepts around them
- Always looking for new, unique solutions for our clients
- Understands client brands and clearly portrays the personality and identity in print and on the web
- Provides high-quality cutting-edge designs
- Dependable and reliable, ability to work long hours and under intense pressure
- Honest and hardworking
- Able to maintain 80% billable, 20% non-billable workday average on projects
- Recommend new branding processes to enhance Corporate image
- Strategize new and exciting internal and external marketing and communications initiatives
- Self-evaluation and continued education courses to remain current
- Leader and mentor to entry-level personnel
Join one of the only dedicated communications firms in America – led by aviators, for aviation professionals. Interested applicants are invited to send resume and portfolio to: Delane@ConnellAviationGroup.com for careful consideration. No phone calls please. Your salary and benefits will reflect experience.
Job descriptions subject to change based on the needs of the Company. The Connell Companies and all its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer.